World-Class high-volume manufacturer of industrial grade product for has an immediate need for an Operations Manager to join their organization. Opportunity to work cross-functional with multiple different areas of the plant. Leading edge manufacturing technologies and processes this position supports, develops, evaluate and improve plant manufacturing quality, methods and systems.
- Provides leadership and direction to the plant manufacturing.
- Responsible for the overall performance of the manufacturing plant
- Reviews day-to-day operations to ensure compliance and continuous improvement
- Develop and lead cost and efficiency improvement efforts
- Engagement in all aspects of the product development cycle from concept through commercialization, including plant trials, field trials with customers and technical support for the product launch
- Lead staff to provide production support during the introduction of new product or process programs and on-going troubleshooting as needed
- Actively participates in development of annual business plan by initiating and managing manufacturing strategic initiatives
- Works closely with suppliers to stay current with processing equipment; recommending new technology for applications where it is practical to implement new equipment or improve processes for quality resolution
- Take direction from the Site Manager on new CAPEX goals
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Materials, Engineering, or related field
- 10 years’ progressive experience in a manufacturing environment
- 5 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of CNC machining, transfer machining, metal forming and robotic welding a plus
- High mechanical aptitude
- Meet the necessary budgets and minimizes the cost of the operation
- Implement sustainable changes and improvements to increase units to labor output.
- Lean manufacturing experience
- Supply chain expertise is a plus
Soft skills: excellent people/communication skills, good and precise decision making abilities, good management/leadership traits