Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
SUMMARY: We are partnering with a privately held environmentally friendly manufacturer that is looking to add to their Engineering Team due to growth. The company is experiencing high growth and looking to double in size in the coming year.
- Oversee and manage packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs and prototype development.
- Troubleshoot packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely and cost-effective solutions.
- Analyze engineering drawings and specifications of product to determine physical characteristics of item, special handling, environmental and safety requirements and types of materials required for packaging.
- Evaluate and select packaging suppliers; periodically conduct vendor reviews.
- Work closely with suppliers, engineering, product development, operations and sourcing.
- Participate in product introduction teams, to deliver new products to market.
- Identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiencies, transportation and storage.
- Work with operations to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, location, standardization, supply assurance and compliance with customer, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Participate in cross-functional project teams (new product launch) focusing on packaging and process improvements
- Process development and support for packaging assemblies for manufacturing
- Coordinate projects and deadlines working with planning and logistics lead to ensure all new product and package deadlines are met
- Design, implement, manage, coordinate, and improve packaging
- Review new product/ingredient/supply specs for constancy and accuracy.
- Review new item and new bills of materials prior and after entry to ensure constancy and accuracy.
- Perform inspections on all ingredients and supplies as they are received, comparing against known good samples and specs such as Net Weight, Labeling, Packaging and Sensory.
- Perform inspections of blended/packaged product during production to ensure it meets all specifications.
Required Qualifications :
3+ years of consumer packaging experience
Proven track record of implementing positive change through cost savings project
BS in Engineering, Packaging Engineering preferred
Knowledge of quality engineering principles and corrective actions