Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : MXJ
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- Compile, analyze, approve and input payroll data into system for all employees; enter new employees, terminations, direct deposit and pay or job changes
- Process payroll for a multi-state environment and makes all associated entries and adjustments
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state labor laws.
- Ensure compliance with all forms submitted (i.e. I-9, W4).
- Compute and post wages, tax deductions, and benefit deductions
- Responsible for preparing and submitting the tax payments
- Generate, process and distribute various payroll reports to other departments
- Performs routine and non-routine data retrieval, research, analysis, and reporting from the payroll records
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations regarding the ACA, along with timeliness and accuracy of required reporting with regard to benefits.
- Solve problems concerning payroll, answer inquiries, and enforce payroll policies.
- Complete agency inquiries related to employment verification
- Assist with quarter end and year end procedures
- Assist with yearly audits
- Coordinate and administers daily benefits processing. Handle new hire enrolments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, QDROs, QMCSOs, and compliance testing
Required Qualifications :
- 3-5 years of payroll and benefit administration experience with multiple sites/states.
- Has worked with a variety of payroll, timekeeping and HRM systems.
- Has current working knowledge of ACA, FMLA, DOL, DHS and other general federal and state compliance requirements.
- High energy level and demonstrates ability to work under pressure.
- Takes initiative
- Must be detail oriented while having the ability to multi-task.
- Forward thinking; able to anticipate issues and opportunities while prioritizing work load.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to solve problems with little direction.