Our client is a US based high-volume manufacturing organization that has experienced tremendous revenue growth through an increase in new product development and expanded distribution channels. They are seeking a strong plant leader as the current individual transitions into a new role within the organization.
Plant Manager Summary:
- Direct and manage plant day to day operations
- Direct production, maintenance, quality, continuous improvement, and the warehouse (shipping & receiving).
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage and carry out quality, continuous improvement activity, and safety
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages, and salaries.
- Manage, coach, and develop leadership staff.
- Establish goals for cost reductions, new product launches, on-time delivery, sustainability, and quality improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement and lean activities at the plant.
- Drive and support strategies to ensure inventory is managed to meet demands, on-time delivery and financial objectives for limited inventory value.
- Continue to create best practices that improve the environmental, safety and health results for the factory.
- 5 plus years as a plant manager
- Four year degree is required
- Six Sigma trained
- Experience in different departments within a manufacturing plant
- Strong work ethic and organizational skills
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams