Our client is a US based high-volume manufacturing organization that has experienced tremendous revenue growth through an increase in new product development and expanded distribution channels. They are seeking a strong plant leader as the the current individual transitions into a new role within the organization.
Plant Manager Summary:
- Direct and manage plant operations for production, maintenance, quality , continuous improvement, and the warehouse (shipping & receiving).
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop and control profits, plans, and budget.
- Implement cost effective systems of control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Manage, coach and develop leadership staff.
- Establish goals for cost reductions, new product launches, on-time delivery, sustainability, and quality improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement and lean activities at the plant.
- Drive and support strategies to ensure inventory is managed to meet demands, on-time delivery and financial objectives for limited inventory value.
- Continue to create best practices that improve the environmental, safety and health results for the factory.
- Work with supplies and customers.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, operations or related degree. Master’s degree a plus.
- Formal training in lean/six sigma tools required: “Champion of Lean”
- A minimum of 10 years broad-based leadership experience in high-volume manufacturing
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, unstructured environment
- Ability to work cross functionally in teams
- Establish and maintain strong effective working relationships with incumbent long-term team.
- Excellent communication skills internal and external vendor/supplier, both verbal and written.
- Proven computer abilities, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Willingness to travel when necessary.
- Strong skills in supplier/vendor negotiations.