Individuals in the Portfolio Administrator role are responsible for the production and delivery of portfolio and performance reports for the firm’s clients, and for ensuring the accuracy of the portfolio accounting and performance in applicable systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure transactional and position integrity in the firm's book of records. Any discrepancies need to be independently researched and re-mediated immediately.
- Liase with clients’ representatives to ensure accuracy of their records; involving frequent communication with custodial counterparts and internal trade settlement specialists.
- Calculate all portfolio investment performance, including verification of data, related disclosures, and ensuring results are calculated, constructed, and presented according to Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS).
- Analyze portfolio performance discrepancies as needed and resolve accordingly.
- Construct custom period end reporting packages to the end client and review for accuracy prior to disseminating to the end client.
- Instruct Reference Data Team to correct any errors in system reference data found during reconciliation and/or period end reporting. Ensure corrections are posted accurately and on a timely basis.
- Manage all period end communication with the end client, and respond to all ad hoc requests received from the end client intra-period on a timely basis.
- Tackle ad-hoc projects assigned from the Director of Operations.
- Additional ongoing responsibilities related to operational system management will be awarded as skills are developed.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, mathematics, finance or economics, or equivalent education and related training.
- Two years of financial work experience, preferably with an investment firm or in an accounting/financial role.
- Strong familiarity with the investment markets and the investment management business
- Keen attention to detail and highly organized with the ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter with strong quantitative and problem solving skills.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet multiple deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills with ability to learn and demonstrated proficiency in several software packages. Strong ability in Microsoft Excel required (including V lookups, pivot tables and macros).
- Ability to travel, occasionally overnight.
1. Prefer experience with an Advent portfolio accounting system.
2. Prefer experience with querying in SQL.