Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Temp/Contract
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+ Years
Required Education : Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Award winning Global manufacturer of industrial equipment with over 60 years of history delivery world class products.
- State of the art facility with a culture of innovation and collaboration.
- Multiple business lines that support a wide variety of industries across the world.
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
- Improve processes for manufacturing to improve productivity, material flow, and eliminate waste while improving quality.
- Participate in meetings to determine project feasibility, budget, resources and timelines.
- Collaborate with cross-functional engineering & manufacturing teams to establish best practices.
- Provide technical expertise in analyzing and improving supplier manufacturing capabilities and capacity.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives, design for manufacturabilty, quality, and cost reduction initiatives.
- Review manufacturing drawings, BOMs, and any other technical documentation necessary.
Required Qualifications :
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience in manufacturing
- BS Degree in Engineering or other closely related fields
- Lean Manufacturing training
- Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Process Mapping and Value Steam Mapping experience
- Understanding of quality management systems
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 preferred