Production Engineer - supervisor
The Production Engineer Supervisor will provide off shift engineering support and leadership for a growing multi-million dollar manufacturing organization. The Supervisor will provide process set up, testing, help with new product introductions and process control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Supervises engineering operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures.
- Lead or support product improvement efforts and projects
- Coordinate work schedules and assignments for all 2nd and 3rd shift production associates.
- Trains and coaches employees.
- Analyze product cost and implement cost reduction plans that meet company goals
- Schedules and conducts shift meetings.
- Supports quality control. Makes adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Rejects product outside of specifications.
- Maintains standard operating procedures and job safety protocols.
- Communicates details of shift events with other Shift Supervisors and Operations Manager.
- Assists in production as necessary.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering field, Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering preferred
- Thorough understanding of product costing
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a medium volume manufacturing environment (injection molding, die casting, machining, assembly, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical techniques (design of experiments, measurement R&R, and statistical process control)
- Working knowledge of machining, tools, fixturing, and assembly practices
- Knowledge and working experience with mechanical (indicators, micrometers, etc.) and electronic metrology instrumentation is preferred.
- Working knowledge of assemblies and testing preferred
- Ability to work off shift during the week, then move to day shift after a year
- Leadership ability