We are seeking a talented person for the Production Manager’s position for a multi million-dollar industrial manufacturing organization.
The Production Manager will assist the site manager in all aspect of the production process and contribute to the success of the organization by being responsible to plan, direct, or coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for manufacturing products in accordance with safety, quality, cost, and quantity specifications.
- Responsible for overall management of production activities and achieving production targets.
- Ensure that the products produced and shipped out meet standards and customer specs, monitor product standards and implement quality-control programs.
- Assist in the management of the safety program, ensuring that OSHA safety regulations and standards are met, training is completed, and environment is neat and clean at all times.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure operational performance.
- Work with the maintenance team on preventive maintenance.
- Responsible for managing production staff, including training and development of the team.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 year’s prior experience at a sheet metal production and manufacturing plant and have a thorough understanding of manufacturing and plant operations
- Directly supervised employees in manufacturing
- Experience working in a fabrication environment
- Experience with brake press, welding, and machining
- Well versed in Lean Manufacturing practices
- Good communication and ability to interact effectively with all levels
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and capabilities
- Self-managing/responsible, have an energetic and personable demeanor, be self-motivated
- Flexible and dedicated to doing what it takes to get the job done
- Hands-on player coach