Summary: We are partnering with a stable privately held manufacturer that started over 25 years ago and has locations across the country. The Production Supervisor oversees 3rd Shift line operation and ensure smooth production operation during the shift in accordance with established practices, processes, guidelines and standards in a safe and efficient manner.
This position impacts overall productivity and product quality for 3rd Shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the daily management of production process.
- Drive improvements and enhancements for the plant
- Ensure correct first time through ensuring products are produced according to batch instructions and operating procedures
- Set-up machines and equipment for the production run. Conducts periodic audit of equipment/machinery settings to ensure compliance with the process specification and efficient operation of the production batch
- Coordinate production startups, shutdowns, and changeovers.
- Responsible for shift schedule to include: work station assignments/rotations, employee training, employee vacations, employee breaks, overtime assignment, back-up for absent employees, and shift rotations.Perform duties and responsibilities of job(s) in the department/unit to meet temporary shortages of workers or increased production schedules.
- Meet production shift goals. Establish or adjust work schedules or procedures to meet production schedules.
- Resolve product, process and equipment issues.
- Inspect products and ensure that products meet specifications and quality standards. Make adjustments as necessary during shift to produce product within specifications. Reject product outside of specifications.
- Recommend changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of department, or work team.
- Recommend measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
- Perform job related administrative tasks such as the completion of daily shift/production records, and the maintenance of time/attendance and production records.
- Monitor employees work performance and provide direction and guidance to employees in a specified department or area.
- Accurately maintain and record production information, communicate with management and relevant personnel on the condition of the operation/production and any unusual circumstances or issues.
- Bachelor’s degree a technical or business discipline preferred
- More than 2 years manufacturing experience
- More than 2 years supervisory experience
- Pharmaceutical or food manufacturing experience
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, 5 S and Kaizen events
- Knowledgeable in cGMP
- Demonstrated trouble shooting ability, excellent attendance and safety record, strong work ethic