Industrial manufacturing plant with over 30 years in the Lincolnton, NC area has an immediate need for an experienced production supervisor.
The Production Supervisor position is responsible for assigned manufacturing processes in the plant. This position is responsible for reporting of all KPI’s, production & labor reporting as well as assigned projects. Must lead, motivate and provide resources and knowledge to process work teams and assure that products are manufactured in a cost efficient and timely manner while following strict EH&S and quality standards. Must keep all machinery updated and in running condition.
- Responsible to ensure that the teams within the production cell meet goals for quality, productivity, and safety.
- Prepare and lead daily Shift production meetings.
- Focus on Safety protocols and make sure all Employees are adhering to.
- Responsible for meeting continuous improvement objectives and ensuring that operators are well trained.
- Proactively take actions to minimize scrap, spoilage, customer returns, and direct teams to ensure that quality indicators and requirements are tracked and up to date.
- Audit standards, update shift production targets, ensure service functions do not impact shift productivity
- Uphold high Quality standards and enforce Quality process checks
- Maintain work flow by monitoring steps of the process by observing control points and equipment, monitoring personnel and resources, studying the manufacturing methods.
- Facilitate real-time root cause problem solving and ensure escalation protocols are followed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- College Degree 2 or 4 yrs. Degree
- Minimum of 3 yrs. Supervisory experience
- Experience in metal fabrication and high-volume production
- Leadership/ability to lead a work force of 20 – 40 Hourly Employees
- Ability to communicate clearly to all levels from Hourly Employees to Senior Management
- Manufacturing experience in a fast paced, high volume environment
- This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week and weekends as required.
- Knowledge of Lean (Lean Green Belt desirable)