Program Manager - Water + Sewer
Location : Columbia, SC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : 4 year degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Multidiscipline civil engineering and surveying firm with an ever-expanding regional footprint and excellent market reputation.
- An organization that truly values its employees by offering a Leadership Development Program, outlined career path, mentorship opportunities, and a comprehensive suite of benefits including tuition reimbursement, performance incentives, and a relaxed work environment.
- Specializing in residential, commercial, municipal, and industrial project types.
THE LOCATION: Columbia, SC
- Serve as a Senior Project Manager and water/wastewater Practice Leader
- Responsible for a wide variety of duties including, and not limited to, the marketing of the water/wastewater practice area, supervising the production of projects through monitoring and managing work projections, work flow, project information resources, submittal dates and budget management
- Ensure all aspects of the unit's projects in the water / wastewater practice area are monitored and controlled through the project managers.
- Serves as the Project Manager on larger, more complex projects.
- Routinely assess market potential and position the firm for selection.
- Market services to potential, current and former clients.
- Prepare proposals that include detailed scope of services, fee estimates and other essential requirements for acquiring projects.
- Provide the Business Unit Leader various unit project information on a weekly basis.
- Establish, monitor and maintain project budgets.
- Supervise and direct highly skilled staff.
- Review and finalize projects for submittal ensuring accuracy, neatness, and timeliness on all projects.
- Direct personnel in formulating plans, costs estimates, timeframes, and specifications of projects.
- Represent firm and clients at various meetings.
- Apportion work among professional staff according to specialized training.
- Develop and maintain client base through proposals, client communications, and prospecting.
- Maintain positive communication and working relationship with staff, clients and subcontractors.
- Meet and monitor unit's project goals.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Support Business Unit Leader with project abstracts and client activities.
- Maintain appropriate staff through recruiting and retention.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications :
- B.S. in Civil, Environmental, or related field of engineering
- 10+ years of experience and PE designation
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience is preferred
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and supervisory skills.
- Active participation in at least one professional society.
- Analytical skills with ability to prepare statistical reports.
- Ability to work well independently and on a team.
- Ability to communicate ideas and technical information to staff, supervisors and clients in a professional manner.
- Ability to travel as needed to meet the needs of the position.