Location : Spartenburg, SC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Mike Lewandowski
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary contact with customer engineering in development of new products which have been awarded.
- Coordinate the set up and installation production lines with the facilities and vendor tooling suppliers with assistance from other corporate resources
- Oversight of new product launches with
- Act as authority on product, equipment and function effectively with customer engineers
- Manage internal and external projects using sound project management methodology.
- Final product auditing
- Effective Root Cause Analysis and ability to drive corrective action via systems approach.
- Trouble shoot equipment and processes
- Other projects, duties assigned as needed
Required Qualifications :
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent experience (10+ years).
- 6+ years in a manufacturing environment, most of this experience having been in program management, product launch role.
- Experience with PPAP, APQP, FMEA, Control Plans
- Experience in reinforced fiberglass industry and/or compression molding practices
- Basic understanding of tooling design and fabrication and working with tool shops.
- Fluency with 3D/CAD software
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, independent but able to function in a team environment
- Knowledge of CAD, Solid works a plus
- Ability to travel approximately 20-35% travel
- Experience with Microsoft Project or similar project management tool
- Strong GD&T knowledge and understanding
- TS16949, QS9000, or ISO9001 systems preferred.
- Six Sigma Green Belt or higher preferred.