Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : ML
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Electronics
Job Description :
Summary: We have partnered with a privately held Manufacturer that touches different industries and specific disciplines providing instrumentation technology systems.
- Improve the quality of all processes throughout the business and the final product.
- Lead the Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) initiatives.
- Work with the Supplier Quality Engineer to lead Supplier programs, Supplier Scorecard system, First article inspections and New Supplier qualifications.
- Support new product transitions and concurrent engineering and assure synchronization between Engineering, Manufacturing and Suppliers. They will perform FMEA’s and review Engineering changes.
- Lead continuous improvement and problem solving efforts to improve quality, eliminate waste and reduce cost. Lead resolution of quality related issues on the manufacturing floor including the disposition of non-conforming material.
- Lead effective quality audit programs.
- Implement process improvements. This would include fixtures, tools, production checks, testing and inspection devices and consumable equipment validation.
- Lead the Manufacturing Quality team.
- Analyze and report quality trends, metrics/KPIs and support efforts to improve quality performance throughout the organization. Incorporate root cause analysis and verify permanent corrective actions.
- Identify Quality Risk and opportunities; drive advancements and verify effectiveness.
- Lead warranty reduction/prevention team, drive design/manufacturing improvements and communicate resolutions.
- Assist in the quality training and development of SQE, Test technicians, manufacturing staff as well act as a catalyst for change and champion continuous improvement
Required Qualifications :
- Degree within an Engineering discipline (Mechanical/Electrical/Industrial/Systems)
- 5+ years progressive leadership within Quality Assurance
- Experience working in fast paced design and equipment manufacturing environment with a knowledge of Lean
- Manufacturing principals and promoting continuous improvement.
- Experience with New Product Development and Quality programs (Design Reviews, DFM/A, FMEA)
- Must have working knowledge of quality principles, experience working within an ISO 9001:2015 certified design/manufacturing company.
- Working knowledge of Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma based continuous improvement methods.
- Must have a good understanding of blueprint reading, dimensioning, tolerance practices and statistical quality concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and effectively facilitate projects and activities, team building, conflict resolution
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate, timely data analysis.
- Hands-on, results-orientation professional with an eye for detail and a strong sense of urgency.
- CMM knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel as necessary