SUMMARY: We are working with a global manufacturer that markets and distributes industrial grade products. The company is in the midst of an exciting new chapter and looking to bring on an additional Quality Engineer.
The Quality Engineer is a key member of the engineering team that is responsible for quality plans issued by external and internal customers. This position is an integral player in achieving the company's revenue and profit goals that require a candidate with a solid technical mindset with strong understanding of GD&T, lean manufacturing, and has worked in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Maintain a quality prevention system using proactive tools; PFMEA, Preventive Action, and Process Flow Diagram.
- Ensure products are produced to meet or exceed customer quality expectations.
- Support new product launches and customer audits by leading projects and PPAP/APQP activities.
- Perform root cause analysis and develop effective countermeasures.
- Collect and analyze data to eliminate redundant or unnecessary processes and improve existing processes (minimize scrap and rework).
- Implement and maintain visual management methods via Control Boards, Operation Manuals, and other methods.
- Promote continuous Kaizen to constantly reduce manufacturing cost.
- Follow the 5S program as it applies to the Quality Assurance department.
- Address Customer and Supplier Concerns in a Timely Manner. Provide Efficient, thorough, and accurate communications regarding the status of the 8-D, utilizing 5 why’s.
- Five years related experience as a quality manager, engineer or technician in a job or machine shop environment.
- Demonstrated leadership.
- Ability to delegate responsibilities.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- “Change agent” attitude and implementations skills.
- Ability to map processes, write procedures, and establish standards.
- Possess statistical problem solving skills.
- Intimate knowledge of Advance Quality Planning, PFMEA’s and Control Plans.
- Must have the ability to teach and implement quality principles.
- Metrology background with GR&R experience.
- 8-D problem solving abilities using a team oriented approach to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Working knowledge of GD&T and how it is applied.
- OEM quality system
- Working knowledge of OEM requirements where supplier management is involved.