Senior Accountant / Team Lead
Leading Global Manufacturer, based in Europe, employs a workforce of 15,000+. In 2017 they experienced record sales exceeding $5B. The company reports in four business areas and their corporate strategy is based on five pillars: focus on innovation through R&D, add value with sustainability, reposition portfolio, intensify growth, and increase profitability.
The Senior Accountant (located at the US HQ) will be responsible for applying accounting principles and procedures to prepare accurate and timely financial reports and statements, as well as ensure appropriate control over account and bank reconciliations in SAP.
- Assist in preparation and review of monthly MFR Packages
- Prepare annual financial statements for audit and facilitate internal and external audit
- Manage ad hoc projects including business integrations and system implementations
- Work closely with GBS team and align team with Global Best Practices
- Identify inefficiencies within current accounting processes and implement solutions
- Provide support to BU controllers and Corporate Accounting
- Prepare monthly account and bank reconciliations
- Maintain general ledger and obtain understanding over makeup of GL accounts
- Manage work of intern(s)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- CPA is a plus, but not required
- Minimum of three years' experience in general corporate accounting required; prior/current public accounting experience is a plus
- Must have 1-2 years' direct experience or exposure to preparing bank reconciliations.
- Position requires individual to be ambitious and self-motivated
- Individual must be able to prioritize and think critically through tasks and have strong time management