SUMMARY: We are partnering with a $100M private equity owned manufacturer of environmental friendly products. The Senor Accountant will report directly to the Controller at the company’s headquarters here in Charlotte, NC. The role will be responsible for general ledger close and financial reporting back to the private equity company. The position will have broad exposure across the P&L and Balance Sheet and will facilitate the consolidation of the 9 locations, be immersed in treasury, fixed assets, and revenue recognition responsibilities.
- Maintain accuracy and productivity of day to day activities for cash activity, inventory transactions, payroll, fixed assets, and general ledger.
- Handle daily bank items as assigned. For example, clearing ACH and Check positive pay items, stop payments and check research. Bank reconciliation of major bank accounts.
- Experience with electronic corporate banking systems, borrowing base accounting/reporting.
- Maintains lease schedules (capital and operating).
- Maintains the fixed asset (additions, disposals, transfers, etc.) and ensure accuracy of data in FAS and reconcile to General Ledger internal book totals.
- Manage monthly closing of depreciation uploads and year-end tax reporting.
- Federal & state return preparation and coordination with outside accounting firm.
- Maintain schedule of construction in progress that ties to the GL and open capital expenditure reporting.
- Book all necessary journal entries into the general ledger as required to include inventory, freight allocations, reclasses, purchasing clearing, rebates, discounts allocations, bad debt, depreciation, etc.
- Experience with multi-location accounting, consolidation and intercompany reconciliations.
- Maintains and reconcile spreadsheets for balance sheets account and research any discrepancies.
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Assists in with the preparation of financial statements, budgets, forecasts while ensuring all financial reporting deadlines are met.
- Assists the Controller to ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close week processes.
- Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
- Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data.
- Assists in annual 1099 filing.
- Four-year accounting degree in accounting and finance
- Knowledgeable of GAAP
- Knowledge and experience with manufacturing ERP/accounting software
- Experience with multi-location plant/manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience in fixed assets (FAS) and sales tax computer applications.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
- Experience with Crystal Reports and SQL databases is a plus.