We are partnering with a large service company who has their HQ’s located here in Charlotte. They are looking to build their accounting team by adding this Senior Accountant to perform duties of high complexity. They will be involved with external reporting, maintenance accounting, preparing audit schedules, consolidations, working with field locations, accruals, and accounting for insurance. The Senior Accountant should be able to work autonomously and be open to take the lead on projects.
- Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries throughout the month.
- Ensures proper and required documentation exists to support all journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Reviews data received from other departments for completeness and accuracy.
- Prepares various internal and external financial reports on a monthly basis.
- Assists in the preparation of schedules for annual external audits.
- Assists in the monthly consolidation and preparation of elimination entries.
- Maintains corporate financial statement templates and reporting structure.
- Performs timely account analysis and reconciliations.
- Answers questions from operations concerning variances or directs questions to the appropriate individuals.
- Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and makes recommendations to improve efficiency.
- Communicates timely and appropriately with internal and external customers.
- Completes ad hoc projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required.
- Strong PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel. (i.e. ability to perform pivot tables, lookups, write formulas, etc.)
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Quick Learner, Self-motivated, Great Attitude.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.