POSITION: Senior Accountant
SUMMARY: We are partnering with an international manufacturer who is looking add to their accounting team. The role will have both accounting and finance responsibilities and will help upgrade the treasury function and work on process improvements for the department.
- Maintain accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for A/R, billing/invoicing, customer credit and collections, payroll, fixed assets, general ledger.
- Perform functions including preparing month end general ledger entries, account reconciliations, sales tax, and commission reporting.
- Help ensure timely compliance with all regulatory requirements and filings such as federal, state and local tax, annual reports, etc.
- Work closely with the operational departments to understand, improve, and document processes and procedures.
- Identify and implement opportunities to better leverage technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Help develop, improve, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies and procedures and a system of internal controls.
- Responsible for tracing transaction documents through the ERP system in order to research questions on the financials. Meet with internal departments to assist in process improvements when their work processes cause errors in the financials. Identify the root cause of errors and partner with the departments to implement countermeasures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Accounting and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Comprehensive understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience working with the accounting modules of SAP ERP system including general ledger and inventory.
- Above average analytical skills including variance analysis.
- Above average oral and written communication skills are required.
- Must exhibit detail orientation, thoroughness, and ability to maintain priorities.
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Strong work ethic including managing multiple projects at a time.
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is a must.