Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : Kayce Moore
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Insurance
Job Description :
- Prepare quarterly and annual reporting for multiple reporting bases (IFRS, GAAP, Statutory)
- Prepare and reconcile related Statutory Annual Statement Exhibits, schedules and surveys.
- Prepare quarterly and annual analytics to support management review and understanding of results
- Perform quarterly balance sheet account analysis.
- Provide support for external and internal audit functions and state examinations as necessary.
- Provide support for quarterly tax calculations and annual tax returns.
- Identify, recommend, develop and implement processes and procedures to streamline and improve accounting and reporting
- Test and analyze accounting systems as required for implementation of new systems or changes to existing platforms.
- Perform accounting and general ledger research
- Work closely with Actuarial, Operations and Finance staff to respond to ad hoc requests.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of procedural documentation.
- Mentor/Train Staff Accountants and Accountants – Financial Reporting as necessary.
- Complete special assignments & projects for the department as necessary
- Perform other duties as required.
Required Qualifications :
- 5+ years of financial analysis, financial audit, internal audit or public accounting work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles & financial reporting.
- Demonstrated analytical skills; must be extremely detail oriented & effective in production-oriented environment; must be able to draw appropriate conclusions.
- Demonstrated ability to produce a high quality work product; commitment to accuracy and excellence.
- Advanced PC spreadsheet skills in a Windows environment, including Word, Excel & Access.
- Ability to work extended hours as necessary, particularly at quarter-end.
- CPA, MBA, CMA or advanced course work in technical financial areas, preferred.