We are working with an international manufacturing company looking to bring on a leader in their Senior Accountant role. The company is focused on executive a 4 to 5 year growth strategy. The Company is looking to groom this individual for future growth within the organization.
The Senior Accountant is responsible for specific financial activities of the Company, at the corporate office, plant, and remote sites. These specific activities may include any of the following duties:
- Invoicing – develop an understanding of the various contracts with clients; the billing protocol; timely issuance of invoices; follow-up to insure the invoice is received and correct; input data into accounting software system; and support operations and finance with special reports.
- Accounts Payable – collect, assemble and input all valid vendor invoices into the Company accounting software system; prioritize payments in coordination with senior financial leadership; respond to all phone calls and emails from vendors who are inquiring about the status of payments; issue checks at the direction of senior financial leadership.
- General Ledger – support the general accounting functions of the Company by preparing and inputting journal entries (JE’s) that are necessary for the timely and accurate monthly and year-end financial closings; monitor and record all capital expenditures; assume responsibilities for the book depreciation schedule; monitor and record all recurring obligations (facility, vehicle, and equipment leases, debt service); and provide a comprehensive review of the financial statements prior to release.
- Payroll – manage the collection, documentation and proper recording of hourly and salaried payroll for all Company locations. Insure the proper documentation exists for employees and that each employee is coded to the appropriate project and/or location. Coordinate with the outside payroll service (ADP) to insure all payrolls are transmitted on a timely basis.
- The ability to work well with others cross functionally
- High energy-level
- An Accounting/Finance degree from an accredited institution,
- 3+ years of experience