SUMMARY: A manufacturing company with an international Parent is looking to bring on a leader in their Senior Accounting role. The position will be responsible for the general ledger accounting for one of their divisions which is about 1/3 of the total company. The role will also include month-end close, budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis, and percentage of completion accounting for the large projects. They will help with the integration of future acquisitions as well as helping to implement a new ERP system.
- Maintain accuracy and productivity of day-to-day activities for A/P, A/R, cash disbursements, billing/invoicing, customer credit and collections, payroll, fixed assets, general ledger.
- Develop, improve, implement and maintain appropriate accounting policies and procedures and a system of internal controls.
- Assist with the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts and related analyses.
- Identify and implement opportunities to better leverage technology to improve efficiency and productivity.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge of new and changing accounting standards to ensure standards are appropriately applied in reported financial results.
- Timely issue accurate financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for internal and external constituents in accordance with GAAP. Properly interpret financial results for management.
- Successfully complete an annual financial statement audit working closely with the company’s external accountants.
- General closing responsibilities with validation of balance sheet accounts, including monthly reconciliations
- Document and account for project estimates in coordination with operations
- Maintain fixed assets and record depreciation
- Support accounting and finance management team with ad hoc assignments
- Assist with inventory physical observations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- 3+ years of cost accounting experience
- Large ERP experience preferred