SUMMARY: This is a “hands-on”, Senior Accountant position responsible for creating, researching, and reporting of day-to-day financial transactions pertaining to the general accounting functions for a manufacturer of highly engineered products. The position sits in the corporate office which has a great location here in Charlotte, NC. The role will be on a growth path to become an Assistant Controller and help with future acquisitions. The position does offer flexibility and the ability to work from home from time to time.
- Responsible for maintenance of general ledger accounts for numerous locations
- Perform monthly accounting for various business unit locations to include tasks such as journal entry postings, intercompany transactions and settlements, asset accounting, payroll accounting, and liability accounts
- Participate in a project to consolidate the number of general ledger accounts therefore providing more value-added financial reporting
- Perform sub-ledger to general ledger account reconciliations, assuring timely completion and accuracy
- Research account variances and/or questions as derived from the reconciliation and review process
- Management of the monthly closing checklist, and aid in the on-time completion of period-end closing activities.
- Prepare period-end reports in a timely manner to meet the Corporate reporting deadlines; interpret data and results as needed for local management
- Assist with other financial reporting and accounting projects as needed
- Preparing and analyzing the monthly budget / forecast to actual variance reports.
- 3+ years of experience
- 4 year degree in Accounting
- Sound technical knowledge of accounting; full understanding of general ledger accounts is necessary
- Strong Excel skills and ability to create spreadsheets using analytical data; skills needed to collect data, understand significance, explain issues, and recommend solutions
- Proven and demonstrable relevant job experience; accounting experience in a manufacturing environment a plus;