SUMMARY: We are partnering with the investment arm or a large financial institution. The company invests in assets across the country. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for financial reporting, month-end closing processes, performing variance analyses. The role will report directly to the Controller and may be groomed to have direct reports in the future.
- Perform and manage accounting duties such as recording and reviewing transactions to the general ledger, preparing complex reconciliations, generating financial reports, and preparing in-depth analyses as assigned.
- Perform monthly accounting for various business unit locations to include tasks such as journal entry postings, intercompany transactions and settlements, asset accounting, and liability accounts.
- Perform sub-ledger to general ledger account reconciliations from the various ERP systems, assuring timely completion and accuracy.
- Research account variances and/or questions as derived from the reconciliation and review process
- Management of the monthly closing checklist, and aid in the on-time completion of period-end closing activities. This includes data loads into the Corporate consolidation package
- Prepare period-end reports in a timely manner to meet the Corporate reporting deadlines; interpret data and results as needed for local management
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas to ensure compliance with US GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley programs.
- Assist with other financial reporting and accounting projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct, relevant experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and policies & procedures.
- Possess a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience with managing accounting processes and financial information through the use of strong analytical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with complex accounting issues.
- Ability to learn and use multiple systems to derive answers to financial questions