Location : South Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Carrie Quinlan
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Distribution
Job Description :
Our client is a $1B+ Distributor that is relocating their HQ to Charlotte. They are seeking an experienced accountant to help grow and develop their Corporate Accounting Team. This is an EXCEPTIONAL opportunity to join a company that is in a high growth mode with solid M&A activity and integration potential.
Position Summary: The Senior Staff Accountant position is accountable for assisting with the monthly financial closing process; responsibilities include preparing and approving journal entries, preparing and reviewing accruals, preparing and reviewing account reconciliations, managing staff accountants, creating standard work and improving the accuracy and timeliness of the close process.
- Responsible for maintenance of general ledger accounts for numerous corporate legal entities
- Perform monthly accounting for various business unit locations to include tasks such as journal entry postings, intercompany transactions and settlements, asset accounting, payroll accounting, and liability accounts.
- Perform sub-ledger to general ledger account reconciliations from AS400 ERP system, assuring timely completion and accuracy.
- Research account variances and/or questions as derived from the reconciliation and review process
- Management of the monthly closing checklist, and aid in the on-time completion of period-end closing activities. This includes data loads into the Corporate consolidation package
- Prepares and reviews month-end journal entries
- Prepare period-end reports in a timely manner to meet the Corporate reporting deadlines; interpret data and results as needed for Senior management
- Assess internal controls, including risk assessments and reviews of risk areas to ensure compliance with US GAAP, and Sarbanes Oxley programs.
- Assist with other financial reporting and accounting projects as needed
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance from an accredited college/university
- 4+ years of experience
- Sound technical knowledge of accounting; full understanding of general ledger accounts is necessary
- Strong Excel skills and ability to create spreadsheets using analytical data; skills needed to collect data, understand significance, explain issues, and recommend solutions
- Ideal candidate will have a CPA or CPA pending, strong analytical mindset and a willingness to get behind the numbers
- ERP system experience preferred