The Senior Accountant role is responsible for non-property accounting operations, including financial reporting, month-end closing processes, performing fluctuation analyses on the trial balance, and certain shared service functions. The ideal candidate will be an experienced accountant with in-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP, internal controls, accounting and financial reporting systems, and possess analysis experience that can bring insights from the general ledger to the financial statements. This candidate will work as a key team member with peers, and report directly to the Controller. .
- Perform and manage accounting duties such as recording and reviewing transactions to the general ledger, preparing complex reconciliations, generating financial reports, and preparing in-depth analyses as assigned.
- Perform analytical review on financial statements to detect variances in budget vs actual.
- Perform detailed and high-level analytical reviews of financial results; coordinate monthly analyses at the posting account and financial statement levels.
- Prepare and analyze the month-end closing and reporting processes, including journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Maintain aspects of the general ledger accounts and business transactions.
- Perform inter-company billings for shared service allocations.
- Perform other shared service duties as assigned, such as master data maintenance (e.g. chart of accounts, vendors, and customers).
- Review accounting and business processes for greater efficiencies and to ensure strong control environment; ensure proper internal controls and policies/procedures for all areas of responsibility.
- Recommend and implement approved changes in accounting methods, policies, and procedures.
- May review the work of others on the team.
- May participate in, and coordinate, key projects.
- Develop and maintain internal and external relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business/Finance/Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct, relevant experience - preferably with a public accounting background.
- Demonstrated proficiency with accounting, financial reporting, internal controls, and policies & procedures.
- Possess a working knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Ability to accomplish goals within a matrix organization.
- Self-motivated; strong commitment to get the job/task down well and on-time in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Must be able to work independently, as a team player, and as a team builder with a focus on developing others.
- Highly supportive of others; promotes a positive office environment.
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the highest integrity.
- Coachable personality that is willing to learn and grow.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office applications: Excel, Word, Power Point.