Senior Accounting Analyst
SUMMARY: We are partnering with a large manufacturing client that has recently relocated their corporate HQ to Charlotte, NC. The operation consists of over 40 manufacturing plants and has over $2B in revenue. This Senior Corporate Accountant role will be immersed in the financial reporting to the private equity firm, partner with the FP&A team, as well as support the Chief Accounting Officer and Assistant Controller in overall Company-wide compliance and strategic initiatives. With the HQ here in Charlotte there will be plenty of opportunities to step up and lead. The position will be groomed for future growth.
- Broad-based senior accountant role with exposure to a wide range of responsibilities including monthly consolidation, monthly corporate accounting and reporting, financial analysis, technical accounting issues and internal controls
- Responsible for various aspects of corporate accounting including intercompany allocations, support of the Hyperion consolidation process, the preparation and/or review of journal entries and account reconciliations and preparation of financial statements, including statement of cash flows,
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements in accordance with U.S. GAAP, as well as quarterly and annual debt compliance requirements
- Interface with Financial Planning and Analysis team to assist in providing analysis to management on monthly financial results
- Responsible for accuracy and integrity of monthly Hyperion data
- Establish and maintain comprehensive internal controls compliance program, including design, implementation, testing, and assessment that will meet SOX 404 requirements
- Develop strong relationships with internal stakeholders and external audit teams to ensure effective utilization of resources
- Participate in the annual budget process, including balance sheet planning
- Drive continuous improvement in the areas of accounting and financial reporting processes/systems
- Assist in integration activities associated with mergers and acquisitions
- Assist in the implementing and maintaining of multiple corporate initiatives with direct exposure and reporting to senior management
- Latitude to suggest and implement improvements in the accounting and finance areas
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a corporate accounting role at a manufacturing company and/or experience with a public accounting firm.
- Certified Public Accountant preferred
- Well rounded experience in Corporate Accounting including a deep understanding of financial reporting (US GAAP) and internal controls.
- Hyperion/Essbase experience preferred
- Experience with interacting with multiple business unit
- Excellent judgment and decision-making ability.