Location : South Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Tom Tollison
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 4 years +
Required Education : Bachelors Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Under limited direction, this buyer focuses on maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO).
- The Buyer purchases materials, equipment, supplies, and services of a specialized or complex nature in accordance with purchasing regulations and procedures for our plant location. He/she reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions, investigates and develops sources of supplies, prepares bid specifications, issues bid requests and reviews quotations.
- The Buyer interprets purchasing procedures to departments and vendors and is a specialist in assigned material categories, which require a degree of technical knowledge.
- The primary objective is to identify and obtain products and services at the best value for the company.
- To accomplish their task, the Buyer will evaluate suppliers across multiple facets, including cost, service level, and quality.
- On the operational side, this position will focus on generating and tracking purchase savings as well as examining vendor performance to ensure maximum value for the company. The Buyer will provide support to the NA Supply Chain and Purchasing Department as well as serve as the primary point of contact for vendor and contractor issues in the position scope. This position will also regularly collaborate with Finance
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree, purchasing or technical discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years purchasing, sourcing and requisitioning related experience. If no degree, should have equivalent related experience.
- Experience specific to chemical manufacturing environment preferred.
- Experience working with SAP purchasing module or similar ERP systems preferred
- Experience with MS Office including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Detail oriented, strong planning, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to travel periodically (10%)