Senior Civil Designer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2+
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Engineering
Job Description :
- Small Civil Engineering firm with a 25+ year history with a market reputation for its client-centered approach.
- Projects focused on land planning and civil engineering locally and regionally in NC, SC and VA.
- Specialties include Site Civil Engineering, Site Evaluations, Land Planning, Business Park Design, Industrial Park Design, Industrial, Commercial, and Retail
- Design portions of a project using relevant office software, modeling and Civil 3D technology.
- Complete calculations using engineering formulas and skills and/or utilizes computers in order to solve problems.
- Prepare specifications materials through the use of research and manufacturing catalogs to specify materials, installation, inspection and payment of items specific to a project.
- Work to complete design details and plan sets.
- Perform research and writes objective summary reports which are used in the completion of the project work or inspection.
- Assist in the preparation of engineering and construction cost estimates.
- Complete field observation, inspection and data collection duties as directed by senior engineering staff.
- Communicate with client staff and internal design team as directed by senior engineering staff.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering.
- 2+ years of experience in Land Development civil engineering (residential, commercial, mixed use, etc.)
- EIT preferred
- Working knowledge of CADD and or civil 3D software (Civil 3D preferred)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the Unites States without sponsorship now and in the future.