Senior Controller - Financial Ops
The Senior Controller - Financial Ops provides financial leadership to the manufacturing facilities. The position will be responsible for the direction, review, and consolidation of their group of manufacturing facilities and will act as a liaison between the manufacturing facilities and the North America Finance and VP Operations. The position reports to the Corporate Controller of the Group and the VP of Operations for the group of facilities they oversee. The Senior Financial Controller will be responsible for maintaining a control environment that complies with the Company’s internal control policies and Sarbanes-Oxley. The Senior Financial Controller is expected to be a dynamic leader for the Operations and Finance leadership team by contributing to all areas of plant management and division expectations.
- Ensures that there is an effective and efficient system of internal controls including: data integrity, asset protection, segregation of duties, budgeting, financial reporting, information systems and adherence to corporate policies (GAAP, SOX compliance, etc.).
- Lead and direct plant financial controllers with the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting processes for the group of facilities which consists of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts and plans.
- Provides in-depth analysis on variances to plan and forecast, effectively communicates results to management for all facilities.
- Coordinates evaluation of capital projects and approval process.
- Leads / supports actions to achieve productivity targets and business plans, including development of contingency plans, improvement initiatives and corrective actions
- Performs and monitors the plants’ monthly closing process in conjunction with the central accounting functions
- Leadership of Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and Inventory Control
- Work with plant financial controllers to develop and report on key performance metrics, including providing education / training as necessary
- Coordination and oversight of physical inventories and audits with plant financial controllers.
- Creates an environment where talent is developed through effective performance management
- Communicate results, risks, and business concerns to the North America Finance team and VP Operations.
- Perform adhoc analysis as assigned and work with VP Operations and plant financial controllers.
- Travel offsite to meet with plant financial controllers and other plant team members at manufacturing sites.
- Perform any other tasks as required by the North America team.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant discipline required.
- MBA, CMA and / or CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience in a finance function, experience in a controller position, manufacturing location and / or public accounting preferred
- Strong financial acumen with demonstrated analytical ability accompanied by knowledge of corporate finance and manufacturing costing principles. Understands P&L, balance sheet and cash flow dynamics.
- Past experience with bill of materials, inventory valuation, standard costing and ERP/MRP systems strongly preferred.