Senior Finance Manager
SUMMARY: We are partnering with an international manufacturer who is looking for a leader in their Senior Finance Manager role. The position will have both accounting and finance responsibilities and will help execute the 4 to 5-year growth strategy. The Senior Manager will be looked at as having a seat at the table with the COO and CEO. This role is unique in that the person will have great work/life balance and quality of life. They also have great benefits.
The Senior Finance Manager is responsible for all areas relating to accounting and financial reporting. This is a hands-on position that will be responsible for directing the accounting operations, monthly close cycle, internal controls, financial audits, and financial reporting, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results.
- Manages all accounting activities to ensure that financial processes and information are accurate, timely, and contain adequate internal controls in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepares all financial reports including income statements, balance sheets, and analytical reports for various audiences
- Manages the accounts payable and accounts receivable personnel
- Sales and Use tax reporting and filing
- Manages general ledger and journal entry postings
- Closely involved in monthly cut-off procedures
- Assist CEO with information required by external financial auditors and tax professionals
- Assist CEO with oversight of cash forecasting and cash flow reporting
- Manage A/R and A/P team
- Additional ad hoc requests as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- Minimum 5-7 years of accounting experience showing progressive responsibilities
- CPA license preferred
- SAP accounting software experience preferred
- High proficiency with MS suite required (Excel, PPT, Word)
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Requires advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, forecasting and cost accounting principles including GAAP