Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A
Senior FP&A Analyst
Our client is an industry leading, global distribution and manufacturing organization HQ’d here in the Greater Charlotte area. They have grown to nearly $5B in revenue by way of acquisition.
The company is building out a world-class FP&A team that will help drive decision-making for the entire organization. As a partner to all functions of the business, the FP&A team is responsible for all aspects of budgeting, planning, forecasting and business analytics for the company.
The FP&A Senior Analyst will be a key individual contributor who executes the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan, rolling 12-month financial forecasting, financial performance management, S&OP (sales and operations planning), and working capital forecasting processes.
- Collaborate with Supply Chain, Merchandising & Category Management FP&A counterparts to support the incorporation of analytics such as workforce productivity, turnover, product and customer profitability and Customer Channel growth into regular reporting, planning and presentations.
- Support the maximization of ROI via full management and assessment of capital investment portfolio, real estate decisions, working capital management and cash flow optimization.
- Support and execute the financial aspects of strategic planning, annual operating plan, rolling 12-month financial forecasting, S&OP, and working capital forecasting processes.
- Provide analytical support to key field business units and market-facing corporate functional business partners.
- Develop & deliver in-depth reporting and analysis, ranging from ordinary course to ad hoc financial reporting (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually), multi-dimensional scorecards, complex dynamic models and executive presentations to senior, product and regional managers.
- Develop presentations and provide decision support in communications with the executive leadership team, Board of Directors, private equity Sponsors, and trading partners.
- Analyze operating performance based on pricing, product/customer profitability, operational cost efficiencies, working capital management, competitive analysis, benchmarking, market dynamics and corporate performance goals.
- Utilize robust Business Intelligence technology solutions to develop and deliver analytical insights.
- Review and analyze operating unit profitability, margin trends, monthly budget-to-actual, operating and overhead variance analysis, financial metric sensitivity analysis, ad-hoc analysis and reporting, ROA, ROI, EVA, and special projects across entire ATD platform.
- Provide M&A, venturing, capital investment, real estate investment analysis and decision support.
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year University required
- Experience: 2-6 years of experience in FP&A, investment banking, corporate finance or management consulting
- Advanced Excel modeling and data analytics capabilities.
- Effective, convincing & polished presentation skills, with advanced PowerPoint capabilities.
- Experience in financial statement review and adept at managing large data sets across multiple technology sources.