Senior Internal Auditor
Location : South Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Carrie Quinlan
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 3+ years of experience
Required Education : BS Degree in Accounting or Finance
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
When you join this Charlotte Based team, you contribute to a better tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world’s largest and most critical industries, from energy and communications to transportation and electronics. They are putting innovation to work to improve people’s lives and they want the best and the brightest to be a part of it. Anyone can give you a job. This company believes you deserve more, something big enough to build a future, big enough to change the world.
- Conduct financial, IT, operational, compliance and strategic audits, including planning, scheduling, execution and oversight of testing, summarization of results, report preparation, presentation of results to management
- Follow up on findings and liaise with the business to ensure identified issues were appropriately and completely addressed
- Participate in the execution of risk assessments and development of the internal audit plan
- Analyze data to understand trends and risk patterns and recommend adjustments to the audit/SOX processes based on results of analytics
- Oversee third party co-sourced audit partner and audit team members working on audit engagements
- Evaluate financial impact of audit findings based on knowledge of accounting principles (e.g., IFRS, GAAP)
- Manage special projects as designated by the Audit Director or Executive Management. This may include, but is not limited to, process redesign, efficiency evaluation, process or control redesign, fraud analysis, consultation on system implementation, investigation of potential non-compliance, etc
- Influence and advise Management on risk and controls issues
- Develop staff and interns through monitoring audit activity, and providing regular and ongoing guidance/feedback
- Evaluate training needs of staff and interns and coordinate training activities
- Actively seek opportunities to develop new audit processes or implement improvements to existing audit processes to enhance overall effectiveness and efficiency of the Company’s audit department.
Required Qualifications :
- 3+ years of audit-related experience; big four or manufacturing industry experience a plus
- BA or BS in Accounting, Finance or related field or Internal Audit specialization; Masters a plus.
- CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA or other related professional certification preferred
- Thorough understanding of SOX requirements and operational/financial risk of a global manufacturing company preferred;
- Knowledge of the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Attribute, Performance, and Implementation); familiarity with the Institute of Internal Auditors’ Code of Ethics and Practice Advisories for Assurance and Consulting Services
- Experience with data analytics a plus.