Senior Revenue Accountant
We have an exciting opportunity for a project-oriented Accountant in the Revenue group within the Finance/Accounting department at $1B+ HQ in South Charlotte. This dynamic and progressively thinking position will assist the Revenue Manager with a wide array of projects ranging from acquisition integration to complex contract reviews to an ERP system implementation. We are looking for a confident accounting professional with full-cycle accounting experience that gets excited about taking on new projects, streamlining and implementing process improvements and working collaboratively with others.
This is a great opportunity for someone that is looking to make an impact and be a key part of building the foundation for the Revenue team.
- Assist with the integration efforts for current and future acquisitions.
- Creates and processes monthly revenue journal entries and maintains and updates deferred revenue schedules.
- Performs revenue audits and determines appropriate application and revenue recognition.
- Assist in reviewing complex contracts and sales agreements to determine if there are any revenue recognition issues for software subscriptions and consulting contracts
- Develop billing and revenue schedules for new contracts
- Assist in the automation of many current manual processes through the transition to a new ERP system.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 4+ years of experience with full-cycle accounting and the month-end close process
- Previous experience preparing and posting standard, non-standard and adjusting journal entries.
- Previous experience in preparing supporting schedules and account reconciliations on balance sheet and income statement line items.
- CPA candidate preferred
- Revenue recognition experience preferred.
- Software industy experience preferred.
- Knowledge of SOX requirements and audit of public companies are preferred.