Senior Tax Accountant
SUMMARY: We are partnering with an innovative and dynamic local public accounting firm that specializes in providing assurance, tax, accounting, and advisory services for growth-oriented businesses, their owners, and high net-worth individuals.
The company started over a decade ago and continues to grow through acquisition and organic efforts. Their clients range between $1M - $100M in revenue and are in a variety of industries (real estate, construction, manufacturing, distribution, and professional services).
The partner group is joined by a staff of experienced professionals from a variety of Big Four, regional, and local accounting firms. The firm has been recognized as one of the best places to work in Charlotte and is ranked as one the top 25 largest public accounting firms in Charlotte.
DESCRIPTION: Responsible for tax preparation of business returns utilizing basic research skills, applying your knowledge to understand potential tax issues, gathering client information necessary for filing and working with tax software applications to complete tax returns for review. As an Experienced Staff Tax Accountant, you will continue to utilize your educational background as well as your organizational skills as you take a consultative approach working on clients of the Firm.
The firm is truly unique in the public accounting space. Here are some examples of what makes them different:
- Dynamic Social Culture – They make it a fun environment to invest your time. They have programs like The Busy Season Olympics, Golf Party to raise money for a local charity, sponsored networking events bringing everyone together, competitions, etc.
- Mentorship – They have a program designed to furthering ones tax knowledge while ensuring that you meet your career goals. The Company has a guidance program designed for an individuals to set and reach goals they want to achieve in their career.
- Bonuses – They have a program that financially rewards employees that are the procuring cause in bringing on a new client
- Promote Innovation – They value the opinion of their employees through the formation of a Junior Management Committee that is responsible for presenting new ideas to the management group (the idea for compensating employees with extra vacation time came from this committee).
- 4-year degree in accounting, Masters Degree preferred
- CPA or CPA Candidate preferred
- 4+ years prior tax preparation experience in public accounting (National or Large Regional firm experience a plus)
- This candidate would be expected to interact with clients and have the ability to prioritize, self-manage and accomplish objectives while working in a team environment
- Long-term career focused
- Ability to prepare most types of tax returns (Individual, Corporation, S-Corporation, Partnership)
- Candidate must be self-motivated and responsive regarding timeliness of engagements with excellent interpersonal skills
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Innovative - someone who can “think out of the box”
- Upbeat personality
- Someone who will come from the perspective of sharing their ideas to make things better - solutions focused