Senior Tax Analyst / Supervising Tax Analyst
Our client is a Multi-Billion Dollar Manufacturing HQ in South Charlotte. They are seeking a successful Senior Tax Analyst that is ready to take their career to the next level. This individual will be groomed for leadership roles within the organization, and will be influential in tax provision, tax planning, tax compliance, and international tax issues. You DO NOT have to have prior international tax experience, but if you are looking to gain that experience, this is a WONDERFUL position for you! The VP of Tax is simply delightful with an outgoing, upbeat personality and a successful track record of grooming internal staff and promoting them into Manager & Director level roles!
The Senior Tax Analyst supports the corporate tax department in the preparation and review of tax returns and tax provisions for multiple business units. The ideal candidate is a team player who has the ability to recognize tax issues and their implications and clearly develop and communicate courses of action.
- Prepare/review the U.S. federal consolidated income tax return, state and local income and franchise returns.
- Prepare/review the U.S. compliance for international entities; including Form 5471, 8858, 1118, foreign tax credit calculation and review of E&P, basis and other tax attributes.
- Review and assist in preparing the quarterly and yearend tax provisions under ASC 740.
- Review calculation of tax basis depreciation and fixed asset records necessary for the preparation of personal property and income tax returns.
- Assist with federal, state and local tax audits, respond to and resolve notices from taxing authorities and other disputes, as needed.
- Research, analyze, and document a broad range of domestic and international tax issues.
- Identify tax saving opportunities and propose and implement solutions.
- Assist in developing and improving processes and documentation.
- Perform designated projects and assignments as requested.
- Experience with general tax principles including federal consolidated return regulations, unitary and combined reporting, and general tax research.
- Experience with accounting procedures, concepts and workpaper methodologies.
- Knowledge of depreciation, real and personal property, and concepts of tax credits.
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Business, Finance or Accounting (BS or BA).
- Minimum of three years of tax-related experience servicing a multi-jurisdictional, multi-entity structure
- CPA or advanced degree is a plus.
- Strong computer skills a must.
- Excellent communication skills.