Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : Mike Lewandowski
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 10+
Required Education : Engineering Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
This privately held company was founded over 60 years ago and is a leading industrial manufacturer with a commitment to offer unsurpassed product quality.
SR. MANUFACTURING ENGINEER SUMMARY:
- Collaborates with Design Engineering on design and manufacturability issues.
- Coordinates with production on day-to-day activities. Resolves complex manufacturing process issues.
- Work with cross functional teams to drive positive change in the plant
- Leads special studies to develop and establish standard hour and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
- Consults with clients, vendors, or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Look at process improvement to increase productivity on the shop floor.
- Determines the most cost-effective integrated fabrication and inspection method to meet customer requirements.
- Responsible for quality liaison with customers; has specific knowledge of all customer quality requirements and specifications and is ultimately responsible for delivered quality of assigned products.
- Resolves implementation and process problems and responds quickly to liaison requests related to manufacturing.
- Maintains close working relationships with all departments and individuals involved on assigned projects, and coordinates with customer representatives as necessary.
Required Qualifications :
- 4 years bachelors’ degree in mechanical or manufacturing engineering or equivalent in experience. Plus 10 years experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience must be in a sheet metal forming processes
- Experience with tooling and fixture design
- Working knowledge of ANSI Y 14.5 – geometric tolerancing and dimensioning.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively collaborate with co-workers and customers.
- Prior experience in leading and providing technical leadership.
- Ability to follow and comprehend verbal and written instructions as well as present information in both verbal and written form. Understand and analyze reports, legal documents and effectively present information to management and public groups.