SUMMARY: We are partnering expanding distribution company that is growing as a result of their great customer loyalty, brand recognition, and market conditions. This position will have an inventory focus and be groomed into additional responsibilities over time. The role will have the ability to work from home approximately 20% of the time after the new inventory processes are implemented and the person gets up to speed on the position.
- Reconcile inventory subledger to G/L
- Weekly inventory audits (at the warehouse location), including preparation of results to management
- Review of item journal entry generated by warehouse, understand the root cause for adjustment
- Weekly cycle counting process implementation and compliance (support to warehouse supervisors)
- Inventory costing including revaluation execution in the ERP system
- Review of open POs and working with transaction supervisor and purchasing to assure no open POs older than 160 days
- Management Goods Received Not Invoiced posting of items based on the support provided by accounts payable,
- Month end activity execution including post-cost adjustment and closing of inventory period.
- Monthly report of inventory movement and profitability for management.
- Inventory classification project, to provide transparency of sales and financial reporting.
- Ad Hoc Reports
- Degree in Accounting
- A minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated self-starter comfortable working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Significant experience managing accounting operations and financial reporting
- Proven record of strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Solid process improvement skills and able to leverage technology
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills and enjoys working directly with clients, vendors and employees
- Strong work ethic including managing multiple projects at a time
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail is a must