The Staff Accountant provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, maintaining general ledger accounts and performing bank and other balance sheet reconciliations.
- Assists with day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the accounting department
- Performs general accounts analysis
- Performs balance sheet reconciliations such as prepaid expenses, accrued expenses, and fixed assets
- Manage intercompany accounts and reconcile weekly
- Manages employee credit card program including reconciling the accounts weekly
- Audit all outstanding PO’s weekly
- Perform weekly check run
- Process month end tasks to assist in closing the period
- Prepares general ledger entries as a result of maintaining records and files
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Improves accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes and taking approved changes through to implementation.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes Accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Other accounting-related projects, as assigned.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
EDUCATION/ WORK EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience. At least five years’ experience in general accounting roles. Previous work experience in the landscape or construction industry preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, including but not limited to; Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Excel and Outlook), ERP systems, QuickBooks Enterprise
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and best practices
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic work environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to clearly communicate issues to all levels of management