SUMMARY: A multi-million dollar equipment company is looking to bring on talent in their Staff Accountant position. This individual will have high visibility working directly with both Accounting and Operations leadership. The primary responsibility will be to facilitate the financial statement close process and own the financial analysis for one of their divisions. Leadership is looking to this Staff Accountant position to analyze information on their division and make recommendations to improve the operations. They will work on a team of 7 people and will be given the proper training and mentorship to perform their job effectively.
- Prepare, review, and submit Daily Sales and Margin Report to all operation managers and executive team members
- Preparation of various schedules and journal entries to help ensure the financial statements are issued in a timely and accurate manner (within 4 working days from end of month)
- Post daily invoice transactions, research and clear all system errors on a continuous basis
- Reconciliation of key balance sheet accounts, including equipment inventory, fixed assets, and various accrual accounts for Accounting Manager and Controller review
- Ensure that sales representative’s commissions are calculated in accordance to the commission plan and paid in a timely and accurate manner once payment is received from the customer
- Prepare lease documentation for all rental and usage fleet equipment acquired to ensure optimum cash flow
- Preparation of various management reports
- Assist in physical inventories
- Assist with preparing schedules, reconciliations, and documentation for annual audit.
- Assist Accounting Manager and Controller with annual budgeting and forecasting templates
- Preparation of annual Personal Property Tax returns
- Assist Accounting Manager and Controller so that all business documents are retained electronically and disposed of as stated in our corporate policy
- Assist other Financial Services staff and management as directed