· Prepares assigned recurring and non-recurring journal entries throughout the month.
· Ensures proper and required documentation exists to support all journal entries and account reconciliations.
· Reviews data received from other departments for completeness and accuracy.
· Performs timely account analysis and reconciliations.
· Answers questions from operations concerning variances or directs questions to the appropriate individuals.
· Evaluates accounting systems and procedures and makes recommendations to improve efficiency.
· Prepare information as needed for external auditors.
· Communicates timely and appropriately with internal and external customers.
· Completes ad hoc projects as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required.
· CPA a plus.
· Experience with Great Plains a plus.
· Strong PC Skills; Microsoft Office Suite.
· Strong Excel skills; ability to perform pivot tables, lookups, write formulas, etc.
· Experience with SQL a plus.
· Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
· Quick Learner, Self-motivated.
· Must be able to handle and prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment