Tax Director / Senior Tax Manager
This locally based HQ has an excellent opportunity available for a Tax Director to join their dynamic team. The primary focus of the position will be to manage and direct the tax accounting and compliance processes for the Company to include development and implementation of tax policy and reporting systems, tax planning, providing advice and counsel on tax related matters and adherence to applicable federal, state and resident county tax regulations.
- Formulate and oversee implementation of tax related policies, procedures and accounting systems that result in accurate reporting and ensure compliance with applicable regulations.
- Research and advise on proposed transactions and tax consequences.
- Responsible for the planning and oversight of the federal, international and state income tax returns and payments, including the completion of all related analysis and support.
- Responsible for sales, use and property tax functions.
- Responsible for audits of federal and state income tax and state and local filings.
- Responsible for accounting for income taxes (SFAS No. 109) in the US and International subsidiaries.
- Responsible for transfer pricing and management fee arrangements.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of tax related federal and state legislative actions and advise management accordingly.
- Confer with outside tax counsel and advisors as required.
- Organize staff, define responsibilities and supervise activities if applicable.
- Participate and direct the creation of corporate tax accounting books utilizing the company’s ERP and CorpTax software.
- Ensuring that appropriate internal controls are in place over accounting for income taxes.
- Assist estimating and monitoring annual cash taxes.
- Liaison with operating management on tax issues and accounting staff on tax accounting issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- BS/BA in Accounting or a related field of study; Masters in Tax preferred
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- 8+ years of experience, prior Big 4 experience is a plus
- Understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and GAAP (experience with public accounting)
- Computer skills include Windows, Tax Compliance Software Programs and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- Strong tax compliance and tax accounting background with a comprehensive knowledge of SFAS 109
- Solid CorpTax experience