Traffic Engineering Manager
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Our client is looking for a Traffic Engineering Manager for the Carolinas. This individual will eventually lead the Traffic Practice of the firm as the current Manager will be retiring in a few years. This is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best firms in their space and focus on quick turnaround, private traffic projects.
• Act as a leader and mentor for the Traffic engineering practice
• Design and develop plans for Traffic operations
• Provide solutions to technical design challenges
• Speak at community meetings as the subject matter expert for projects
• Communicate Traffic Study operations with other members of the team
Big pluses to the role would be if someone had any experience with Traffic Signal Design and Vissim software...but those are only pluses and NOT requirements.
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
• BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
• 10 + years of experience in transportation / traffic engineering for private clients
• Professional Engineering Registration in NC & SC
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Power Point.
• Ability to interface with clients and handle business development; preferably someone with existing business relationships in the area (NC/SC)
• Experience in the leadership and mentoring of technical staff
• MS in Civil Engineering
• Experience with Roadway projects for private clients – these are not municipal projects
• Traffic signal design or Traffic analysis skills highly preferred
• Knowledge of traffic engineering software including HCS+, Synchro/Sim Traffic, or VISSIM highly preferred
• Local Candidates preferred; relocation will be considered for highly qualified candidates