Traffic Signal Design Engineer
THE SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Our client is looking for a Traffic Signal Design Engineer for the Carolinas. This individual will have the ability to move into a PM role and/or eventually lead the Traffic Practice of the firm as the current Manager will be retiring in a few years. This is a great opportunity to learn from one of the best firms in their space and focus on quick turnaround, private traffic projects.
• Develop, produce, and review complex signal design plans.
• Direct oversight and participation in the development of the work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures
• Provide QA/QC on select signal design plans and signal warrant studies.
• Assist with the marketing of all traffic engineering services with an emphasis on growing the signal design backlog.
• Provide training and guidance for traffic department staff related to signal design and related plans.
• Work closely with the department manager to plan organize, and direct department activities and projects related to signal design plans production.
• Develop cost estimates, project implementation schedules, funding plans, project objectives, and analysis of project benefits
THE BACKGROUND PROFILE:
• BS degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited institution
• 5-10+ years of experience in traffic studies and traffic signal design engineering
• Professional Engineering Registration in NC & SC is a plus, but not required
• Knowledge of traffic engineering software including HCS+, Synchro/Sim Traffic, or VISSIM highly preferred
• Experience with Roadway projects for private clients – these are not municipal projects
• Traffic signal design or Traffic analysis skills highly preferred
• Local Candidates preferred; relocation will be considered for highly qualified candidates