Entry Level Civil Engineer
• Must be capable of performing independent design tasks, preparing construction drawings, organizing reports, calculations, and associated project deliverables after receiving initial instructions from supervisor while receiving limited supervision.
• Must be capable of working within a team of Design Engineers and technicians on Land development and commercial/residential projects.
• Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge as required in areas of responsibility.
• Position requires application of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria in carrying out a sequence of tasks.
• Perform assignments that are not completely standardized or prescribed.
• Prepare and review working drawings, details, layouts, surveys, estimates, and work products.
• The successful candidate must possess good interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interface with clients, and Local, State, and Federal government agencies.
• Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of broader assignments of experienced level person.
• Coordinate with the work of others who assist in specific assignments.
• Interaction with clients and travel to client sites may be required.
• MUST have a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School.
• Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer- in-Training (EIT) certification strongly preferred.
• Zero (0) – Four (4) years of experience in Land Development and/or Public Works; design engineering preferred.
• Previous Internship with Land Development design firm is strongly preferred
• Proficient using AutoCAD Civil 3D.
• GPA of 3.0 or higher is strongly preferred.