Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Temp/Contract to Direct
Reference Code : Caroline Taylor
Compensation : 30.00 USD/HOUR
Hours : Full Time
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
- Assist with collecting and analyzing financial data in order to perform some or all of the following accounting processes: reconciliation and variance reporting for assigned areas, reconcile assigned accounts, analyze financial data and prepare accounting ledger entries, prepare internal and external reports, settle inter-company receivables and payables, prepare property valuations. Identify and resolve data issues. Analyze financial data to identify adverse trends and recommend solutions to mitigate financial impact.
- Participate in and support accurate month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close cycles and development of internal and external financial statements, required regulatory reporting forms and tax filings.
- Provide timely and accurate assistance to clients within supported business area. Assistance includes, but is not limited to explanation of account codes or financial reports, providing project status reports, and guidance about accounting policies. Prepare presentations, statistical reports, schedules and other information on operating results for management and outside parties.
- Actively participate in or support special projects as assigned. Projects may include, but are not limited to testing system upgrades or enhancements, rate case support, and developing ad hoc reports and process improvement initiatives.
- Stay current with new or proposed local, state, federal rules and regulations, and internal and external financial reporting requirements. Uses professional concepts, rules, procedures, company policies and procedures to resolve commonly occurring issues.
Required Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related degree or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum two years general financial accounting and reporting experience with an emphasis on accounting issues and processes.
- Intermediate skills with Microsoft Office applications required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply GAAP principles, knowledge of business and legal principles, and analytical and communication skills.
- CPA or CMA certification preferred.