The primary role of the Accounting Manager is to provide leadership support to Senior Management with responsibility for general accounting functions related to Real Estate, Fixed Assets, IT and contracts.
Manage the maintenance and monthly processing of the asset management system, ensuring capital expenditures are properly recorded and reconciled to the general ledger.
Serve as accounting liaison for business partners. Identify, research and resolve capital versus expense issues. Provide accounting guidance on proper capital/expense classifications.
Responsible for depreciation budget and monthly forecast; including budget/forecast to actual variance analysis.
- Responsible for monthly and quarterly impairment analysis.
- Lead the monthly closing of the fixed asset sub-ledger and all owned accounts within established deadlines.
- Review and approve assigned monthly general ledger account reconciliations within established deadlines.
- Manage and review assigned quarterly adjustments and analytics, including but not limited to impairment, gain/loss.
- Manage process to ensure comprehensive contract review and accounting guidance is provided timely and accurately.
- Partner with IT Finance on budget vs actual vs LY variance review and analytics
- Ensure accurate preparation of annual budgets for rent related general ledger accounts. Update and report both rent and tax forecasts to Financial Planning.
- Ensure submission of rent, tax, CAM, and insurance for all Company locations to Accounts Payable for on time and accurate payment.
- Ensure maintenance of required real estate reserves.
- Develop usage skills of the Real Estate Management System (AMT) and lead new Lease guidance project.
- Lead monthly Company Real Estate meeting and serve as a contact for the necessary accounting adjustments of Real Estate transactions, as directed by the Company Real Estate department.
- Ensure all Control Narratives for assigned processes are updated regularly and all key controls have been completed timely; any defects are issues are identified and resolved as needed.
- Develop vision around Real Estate/Capital/IT processes, identifying areas for opportunity and efficiencies.
- Other duties/projects as assigned
- Five years accounting work experience (managerial/supervisor experience preferred)
- Proficient in Lawson (preferred) or similar general ledger software
- Proficiency in Hyperion Software & Essbase (preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Office application skills including Excel, Word and Access.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of fixed asset accounting based on GAAP capital guidelines (preferred)
- Business Applications:
- Four year degree – Accounting (required), CPA or Masters of Accountancy (preferred)