Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : JXK
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 2-8
Required Education : Bachelor's Degree
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Accounting - Finance
Job Description :
As our Accounting Supervisor you will be responsible to:
- Perform supervisory responsibilities including performance reviews, establish cross- training procedures, prioritize tasks, and analyze procedures for efficiencies.
- Review work product to ensure all policies and procedures are being followed
- Be easily accessible and available for questions and problem resolutions
- Continually examine processes and procedures and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Supports required changes to accounting processes as the business continues to grow and evolve.
- Ensures that adequate internal controls are in place.
- May be required to perform technical accounting research on transactions and guidance
- Regional point of contact for operational issues related to transactional accounting activities
- Continually assess monthly and quarterly close processes with goal of making them more efficient
- Create and maintain formal accounting procedures.
- Coach and counsel team members both individually and together toward improved performance. Participates in interviewing and selection of new employees
- Manages schedule to ensure timely filing of reporting.
- Examines work for accuracy and conformance to company policies and reporting requirements.
Required Qualifications :
What we look for:
- Minimum of 3 years relevant experience
- Knowledge of GAAP
- Supervisor experience preferred
- Leadership skills, team player, positive attitude
- Strong communication, speaking, and writing skills
- Ability to adapt to change quickly
- Ability to research and resolve problems
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize
- Above average communication skills both verbal and written.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and assess team strengths.
- Evidence of management potential.
- Ability to work under pressure and consistently meet daily, monthly, quarterly and year end deadlines.
- Good decision making skills and project management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or closely related subject preferred