The Administrative Assistant provides general administrative and Human Resources support for the organization. The role will also support the Chief of Staff with daily administrative duties and completes a broad variety of administrative tasks that include managing an active calendar of appointments, completing expense reports, composing and preparing correspondence, arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, agendas, meeting logistics and compiling documents for meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides a variety of administrative tasks to support the Chief of Staff and leadership team
- Schedules meetings and conference calls.
- Coordinates and schedules travel arrangements.
- Manages and prepares expense reports.
- Manages email distribution lists, and team member information lists.
- Coordinates building and floor badge access.
- Plan and assist with events, large meetings and various projects.
- Orders supplies.
- Distributes mail.
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns
- Board Support
- Administrative liaison to board of directors.
- Ensures the board meets quarterly and maintains appropriate communication protocol.
- Handles the logistics for Board meetings including travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed.
- Maintains confidential files and contact information; coordinates meetings, conferences, and committees to support the Chief of Staff
- Maintains proper files on investors, closings, and associated documentation.
- Ensures compliance with SEC in regard to filings and reports, etc.
- Assists in coordinating senior management team meeting agendas.
- Prepares an account of the meetings and designates and follows up on assigned action items as directed by the Chief of Staff/EA.
HR Support Talent Acquisition:
- Provides administrative support in the sourcing, hiring and on boarding of new employees.
- Assists with applicant sourcing and processing, including job posting administration.
- Records and maintains job advertisement costs and postings.
- Schedules and coordinates interviews including applicant screenings, interviews with candidates and hiring managers, room reservations, flight reservations, hotel reservations and ensure proper equipment setup.
- Collects, organizes and maintains recruitment and new hire documents.
- Performs weekly and monthly metrics reporting, as requested.
- Processes and records invoices for staffing vendors, contractors, and other agencies.
- Organizes and prepares documents and office set ups/equipment for new hires.
Personnel Administration and Employee Record keeping:
- Establishes and maintains personnel files, both electronic and hard copy.
- Maintains I-9 documentation ensuring retention and destruction comply with Federal Laws.
- Maintains all filing (based on legal guidelines).
- Responds to requests for employment verification.
- Assists in the development of policy manuals and training materials.
- Manages compliance and Department of Labor posters for Charlotte locations.
- Coordinates HR sponsored training and meetings
- Supports and maintains training materials.
- Assists with all employee programs including benefits administration, performance appraisal administration, compensation/pay changes, employee record changes, etc.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma. Some college level coursework preferred.
- 5-7 years of progressively responsible administrative/clerical office experience with 1-3 of those years in an HR/Payroll role preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task and thrive on working in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information