Location : Charlotte, NC
Job Type : Direct
Reference Code : MAM_ACC
Hours : Full Time
Required Years of Experience : 5+
Required Education : BS, MS, PhD
Travel : No
Relocation : No
Industry : Manufacturing
Job Description :
- Global manufacturer is looking for a Sr. Analytical Chemist to provide innovative scientific services to support both commercial and manufacturing efforts.
TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for evaluating and performing analytical experiments both hands on and leading tests, to develop solutions in support of internal and external customer issues.
Responsible for developing tests with good documentation in compliance with SOPs to ensure products and services adhere to customer specifications.
- Effectively communicate with progression of projects to all cross functional areas of manufacturing (including management, commercial group, operations and customers as needed).
- Responsible for evaluating innovative materials, develop test methods and write specifications as required.
- Maintain an updated hard copy and software IR library of reference spectra.
- Development of analytical test methods/quality control test methods to support product development, manufacturing or analytical activities.
- Investigate, evaluate, purchase and manage training on new instrumentation, as needed.
- Maintain compliance with EHS, Quality Management and Regulatory requirements.
Required Qualifications :
Requirements for the role:
- 8 + years manufacturing, commercial or industrial lab experience using high-throughput automated analytical instrumentation.
- Proven ability to identify, prevent and troubleshoot problems using scientific principles and established analytical techniques within the company and through 3rd party affiliates.
- Experience within coatings, coated films and laminates industries are a plus.
- GC, GPC, SEC instrumentation knowledge (both theoretical and practical), maintenance and calibration experience.
- FTIR, Karl Fischer Titration, Laser Light Scattering Particle Size Analysis.
- Highly skilled in characterization of polymers, polymeric coatings and adhesives essential.
- Demonstrated hands-on, high energy, proven problem solver across multiple analytical disciplines.